Friday, April 25, 2014

April Read\Patti

Title: The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat 
Author: Oscar Sacks
 published 1970

Patti's Read:
The book is made up of chapters of case studies of various neurologists.  Each story goes into detail of the problems in the brain that result in abnormal behaviors of varying types.

The book is of very small, dense type.  The case studies are varied.  I did relate to the studies on those of the intellectually impaired and autistic, as I taught those type of individuals for many years.  It is interesting that the mentally disabled do respond to music as I experienced.  Also, that the autistic students would have often areas of high ability that were unusual.


I did speed read the book as a lot of it was interesting, but not what I wanted to explore in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment