Thursday, September 10, 2015

August Read/Margaret

Sea Swan
      When I bought this book, “Sea Swan,” a long time ago, I was just thinking it was for my grandchildren. Now a few years after retiring at home, I found this book was what God prepared for me to have during my retirement time. I learned a lot from the grandma in this book. She was always active. She even had a lot of people helping her in her life which made her life run very smoothly. One day when she was 75, she was determined to learn new things to improve her life. She bought a new swim suit and went to class to learn with young people to swim. She did not stop after she knew how to swim. She also enjoyed learning how to dive so she could see all the beautiful things in the world God created for us to enjoy. She even taught and encouraged others to do swimming and diving to see how beautiful it is under the sea. Then she planned her retirement life to have with her cat, close to the sea, so she could swim and dive. She even tried to learn cooking and to take care of herself. She is a very encouraging lady for me. You don’t need to feel old when you retire. You just need to go and see the outside world while trying to learn something new every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment