Saturday, January 12, 2013

Enrichment

            Late last night or should I say early in the morning I had a difficult time to sleep for discomfort and pain tried very hard to take over my body. When the surrounding environment was very still and silent, the quietness amplified the smallest sound made by human beings. The blunt sound from twisting and turning made by my boy could be heard from the hallway. The dim light radiating from the modem made everything in the room look monstrous and scary. The pain was winning but I allowed my mind to roam and travel far.
            Last night I had a great dinner with my library family members. As usual, I was the one most talkative and silly. No one believes I was a shy girl. I was one when I was little growing up in a small village in which most of the family carried the same last name. My world was limited to the hills, race paddies, small creeks, and the narrow alleys scattered around the village. The outside world was a stranger to me even when I commuted to another big city for my high school education. The small town in which I grew up was just a place I filled in forms telling people where I came from; I was not familiar with the streets.
            So when people don’t believe that I used to be a shy girl it just made me smile and, sometimes, I would protest with light heart. I was one, a shy tomboy.
            When sleep was far to reach, my mind was sharp and fraught with pictures, scenes, or ideas. Last night, I recalled those moments I have had with my manager, Lynette ever since she walked in the building and managed her place she called home. She and what she has done for me enrich my meager life. She is a pusher; she knew where and when to push so the stubborn part of me wouldn’t have the chance to surface or defy. A builder she has become, Lynette helped me build up my strengths, skills, and the most important thing: confidence. The methods or should I call it “art” she applied to coach me came from different perspectives and angles. There was no need for her to tell me what to do for I would ponder upon possibilities, then compose a proposal detailing the things I wanted to cover for my budding event or program. Until then all she had to do was to observe and listen to what’s coming in my mind.
            Most people felt worn out or burned out because they mentally refuse to take the opportunities coming from trivia, difficult time or any small routine. There will be no passion or enthusiasm if your heart is not at the right place or you have no heart at all. My best friend told me many times that those so called burned out people are those who don’t know about core of happiness. They are tired inside and they allow the inside tiredness to take charge of their life. They probably don’t know how it feels: there is nothing finer being warm inside when the outside is cold. The inside warmth could come from working hard, a fine teamwork, and a hand from colleagues at work.
            I noticed how beautiful Lynette is last night at the small booth we shared. She was not feeling too well; Jennifer told me she just got a flu shot days ago. But her smile is genuine telling me she indeed enjoyed our company. The picture of her looking sideway listening to her neighbor sitting at her left side stayed with me. That moment her eyes are very bright and focused and her lips, full and curvy, are the most attractive thing the whole night I was sitting there. “Who would be the lucky guy?” I was wondering as myself swallowed by her beauty. Lynette is a lady speaking of what a beauty is.
            My dear library family enriches my life to certain degree that I am willing to become a workaholic and make efforts to the place and people I love. Lynette’s determination and commitment to become a good librarian and dedicated leader truly take me to a different level in my career. In life a person might run into good people and bad people. How could a person tell if a good person or bad one is around? Your soul and spirit are your soldiers sending messages to you. When a bad influence is present, your spirit is low and you feel heavy and tired for those bad ones are emotional vampires: they suck and take away your energy. A person would feel glee and sense of joy as a good soul is around. You would find yourself smile a lot and your chest is light void of heaviness. You are receiving their positive energy and responding to the good influence.
            Water or oil? Both can’t be blended. Are you water? Find your ground to flow. Are you oil? You can’t eat up water or expect water to become oily. Water would evaporate rather than be swallowed.
            Did you find your enrichment or joy at work or in life? They are not too far if you pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment