Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Fabruary Read



Title: The Tuesday Club Murders
Author: Christie, Agatha
Call Number: F
Genre: Mystery
Book Description (from amazon.com):
            The unifying premise for this short story collection is the Tuesday Club: six people who meet socially one evening at Jane Marple's home and then decide to meet regularly each Tuesday night to solve a mystery which a group member must relate.
My Read:
            It’s about “human nature,” said Miss Marple again and again through the book upon each case the book listed. There are three main categories one could always include in a murder or crime case. The cause of a murder could come from 1) love/hatred, 2) money/financial issue, and 3) revenge/eye for eye.
            It’s been years that I read all Miss Christie’s mystery books. It’s also the first translated mystery author I came across in my college life. Back then, hardly did I know anything about fiction for I was told to focus on academic study. It’s a random pick from the store that was forced to close due to some financial issue. Years later I read the books in English for it’s the only author I have known. Now I pick up the same author to enjoy reading. This time I know why I like Agatha Christie’s books.
            Her stories are told pretty straightforward meaning there is no extra unnecessary detail distracting readers. I felt like reading classic books: the stories are cleanly and clearly told. Though English is still a learned one I felt like I could own a taste of beautiful art of language. It’s a good read. At the same time readers got to realize more about human nature. Reading Miss Christie’s books invites me to ponder upon human nature and how imperfect the human beings are.

No comments:

Post a Comment