Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

"Mother" is the primary topic at today's Tea Time. Ruby is the first one to share with us who her mother is. After each and every member talked about their own mother one couldn't help but find plenty of commonalites in motherhood no matter which region she came from. Our mothers are lifelong housewives who have dedicated their time, energy and the self to their family. Compromise and sacrifice are the norm according to each one's sharing. Mothers might be quiet and silent their presence and the love they gave are basically the foundation of who we have become. Their impact and influence are so big that sometimes we overlooked and took for granted.
What will you do to celebrate this year's Mother's Day? I know what my mother wants and likes the most: to hear from me and listen to my description of her grandsons. And that's what I did last night: I called my mother and let her two grandsons say "hi" to her. Her timid and small laughter could be heard from the speaker phone. It's a moment that really touches my heart. It's a small gesture with huge impact.
Each and every member of the WOW Reading Club is a mother. Not only did we share joy of reading the group enjoys talking about life and the contents of life itself. We are writing our own story, each and every one of us. There is no start and no end is at sight for life never dies; it lasts as time goes and flies.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, here and everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment