Saturday, September 29, 2012

Mei-Wan, 11 Now!


            Did you have your “WOW” moment recently? I did, just yesterday, at work. Thanks to our attractive, hard working CSR Jennifer, I had a good day and something good to share with my family at dinner table.
            The list is called “RTF” and it has to be printed out, searched, processed, placed in according tubs, and delivered to branches and the Central library. It’s a list of patrons’ requests sent by the system each morning. After the CSR handle the filling and process, I would pick up the rest left behind on the list to practice my hunt of treasure. Yesterday it’s no exception; there were 13 items left on the RTF.
            “I missed you yesterday, Mei-Wan” said Jennifer, as I passed the circulation desk yesterday on my way to the information desk. She told me what happened yesterday, the day I was scheduled off. “Mei-Wan would want it to be single digit on the RTF” mumbled Jennifer to herself as she tried hard to locate the items for the waiting patrons. Proudly, Jennifer told me, she managed to reduce the number to 9: only 9 items couldn’t be found to fill the requests.
            “Let’s start from the number 13 then.” I told Jennifer. As the day went by, I could hear Jennifer “howl” quietly from the cir desk: 12, Jennifer waved the book at hand with pride. “Mei-Wan, 11 Now!” moment later she announced another victory. “Hey, Jen, save some fun for me” jokingly I pleaded from where I was standing.
            One by one, one after another, together, Jennifer and I made the list shorter and shorter. When the number became two, I was very pleased. Then Jennifer came to me; actually she danced her way to me with her feet proudly stamping on the floor as if an innocent child just opened her first Christmas present sent from the Santa Claus. The exhilaration and excitement were straightforward and contagious. I remember I was looking up at her direction and saw a halo of light radiating behind her; there were big windows at the children’s area. Centered in the view with wings made of lights, Jennifer looked like an angel to me. Then it’s my turn to be thrilled: I found the last book on the list. “Jennifer, Jennifer!” She turned to me and saw me waving my arm with the book at hand. We walked to each other. “Yeh!” We high fived with smiles so open, so big, and so real.
We had our “WOW” moment. It’s a joy from a great teamwork.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment