Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Do You Have Your Jennifer?

            The sight of Jennifer sitting on the floor shelfreading the 641.5973 cookbook area made me smile; it touched my heart as if soothing music played by a harp playing inside me. “Are you trying to locate the book “Tea with Friends” listed on the RTF?” “Gosh, look at this. They are not in order. So I shelfread them.” “Did you find the book?” Instead of answering my question, Jennifer handed me a book titled “Queen of Dragons” by Shana Abe: another book on the RTF. “Not the tea book, huh.” “Nope.” I bent down my neck to read the title. Though she didn’t find the book, she is queen of the day to me. Later, together, we still failed to find these two books on the list. Well, no perfect score for everyday I guess. It’s fair to have sunny days as well as stormy days. At least, we did try and try more than once.
            I have been working in the library for more than 5 years. There are people who have helped me go through the days with joy and delight. As I was a page, there was this soft-speaking lady who would say “I love you, dear” as often as I could remember. At difficult times, she would pull me aside and talk me into a calmer person. We shared the same love working in the library. Sometimes when I was really down and in tears feeling miserable she would ask me why I worked in the library. “Because it’s the library and we love it.” We would say it at the same time and that made me smile. Her warm words and gentle touches kept me intact and having faith in the library and in myself. Though she works in another branch, she still tells me she loves me whenever I made the phone call and she answered the phone. Her name is Agahdas.
            Now, it’s Jennifer who would make my day when we did something great together. Her childlike dance and the high fives we have had bring in pride and joy in my life. A person could just do this much as I came to understand recently. One is a number a bit small to make greatness. The best reward I could think of from workplace is a great team and the greatness teamwork could possibly achieve. Working with Jennifer allows me to have dreams. No one is perfect. But together people could have something great to be proud of.            
            Do you have your Jennifer? It starts from YOU!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer is one of the best teammates you can have in your career I believe ... she is very nice, friendly, and approachable with patrons.

    ReplyDelete