Friday, October 26, 2012

You Made My Day * 3


            Did someone do or say something to you that you had a “You made my day” feeling today? It’s not what someone did something to me to make my day today; it’s who she is becoming, something I saw in her that made my day this afternoon. It’s not her makeup or soft pink dress caught my attention or had my eyes on her; it’s her contagious confidence and passionate energy that made her the center of attention in the conference room. This is an aspiring young lady efficiently showing the changes and growth of her in the past months. She is telling the world she is ready to roll and willing to contribute and make a difference to people’s lives. The encouragement to push her to move forward will allow her not only to make a better life for herself but also for the people she is going to team up with and the public at the receiving end of her excellent customer service. She and the whole thing made my day.
            Whenever I walked in Edward's cubicle, I felt welcome and an instant sense of warmth would embrace me at the sight of this young man. Thinking of him, the first thing came to mind were red apples. They were the first friendly treat of his at the time when I was craving for something to savor. From that day on, whenever I was down there I would try to stop by or sit in his office talking and chatting with my dear young friend. His Edward’s style of compliments sometimes would make me laugh and want to tease him back for he really knew how to provoke my defense system to argue with his comments or the words he has used. It’s an interesting relationship and connection I own in that office on that floor. Thanks to the hot tea Edward fixed for me this afternoon, I was able to fight with the decreasing temperature and got help to ease my chapped and dry lips. Edward, you are a wonderful friend to Mei-Wan.
            I forgot what I said that made Kris said “That made my day” as we were walking and talking back to the office cubicles. It’s fate that as I was worrying about how I could get back to the floor without a pass to push the doors open he came from the other end of hallway to the destination in which I just came out. I was debating if I should call someone to let me in there he was again on his way back to his office. The Wheel of Destiny was turning; it not only turned the fate it also turned my wheel of thinking. “Can I ask you a question?” As curious as I have always been I just shot out my questions quick like raining bullets for they have been with me for a long time. Living in a diverse society the abilities to adjust and adapt the ever changing world are as important as a person’s instinct and survival skills.
            Kris didn’t fail me; he made my day. How? It’s not his answers that impressed me the most; it’s who he is. When I learned that he usually parks his own vehicle at the farthest corner at the dim parking lot excitement got the better of me for, at that moment, I forgot my manners; I pointed and waved my index finger at him saying “See, that’s what a good leader would do.”
Customer service starts from the parking lot. Kris demonstrates a good example of good customer service not only to the public but also to his employees (external vs internal). The parking itself comes naturally without second thought. Kris does it automatically and subconsciously. Kris didn’t know he has been doing so until this afternoon when the issue came up in our leisure conversation. This is a wonderful experience for someone who always has questions. I felt like I was coached and given valuable advice. A wonderful afternoon I should say.
Does someone make your day today? If not, your kindly smile definitely would make someone’s day special tomorrow. As simple as a smile, or as easy as a friendly hand gesture, you might save a person’s life or make a dramatic difference in someone’s life. Why not? Who knows?
When things come at the right time, at the right place, to the right person, the wheel of Destiny is oiled and will turn at the right direction to the right path. You might be turning the wheel of someone’s fortune in need to turn around her life. You might be the ONE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment