Saturday, October 20, 2012

Power Walk


            Jennifer joined me today! First, it’s the sound of door opening caught my attention as I strode and walked at the parking lot. Following the sound and the door I saw Jennifer, in pink T shirt today, walk out the library and come to my way. Without stopping I went on walking as Jennifer joined me walking along at my right side. “Bravo, Jennifer!” Silently, to myself, I thanked everything happened between Jennifer and me; because of Jennifer and her continuous and incessant hard work I was able to “feel” and own a sense of companionship, friendship, and a sisterly love that becomes stronger as time goes by. The touch and feel of her cute face the other day were still vivid and warm as if I passed the like and love of a big sister to a cute little sister lost and found. The sight of and walk with Jennifer this afternoon brought back the memory and feeling of the sisterhood.
            Walking at the parking lot at my break becomes a routine I enjoy and look forward to the most at work. As clock clicks and changes the hour, the expectation grows and becomes stronger. When it’s time I would put on my straw hat I bought from my hometown complete with a pair of sunglasses to protect my eyes. Instead of walking shoes bought from SAS I have on a pair of sneakers. When gears are put on I would take off my name tag. With my key in my pants’ pocket off I go to the inviting outdoor world.
            Some patrons would tell my colleagues that there was this woman in straw hat walking in the sun with three digits temperature. She must be crazy! Well, I consider that’s a compliment for if I was not crazy sometimes, greatness or wonderful things wouldn’t come to enrich my life. It’s the degree of craziness that makes a person who s/he is. The enjoyment of walking and feeling of active and living transcend any negative factors. It’s like the creation of this blog and publishing of my posts. As obvious as black vs white, my language skills can’t compare with the native. Still, the joy of sharing and call of self-growth push and encourage me to overcome the barrier and cross the threshold inviting readers to enter my world. The posts are my voice, voice of heart. If you could comprehend my “points” allowing them to go through and recognize my voice, then you understand who I am, what I am, and you might, at the same time, find and discover who you are and what you are.
            Jennifer told me it felt so good to be able to be outside and breathe the cool autumn flowing air. “It’s so fresh.” “Yes, isn’t it pretty and wonderful?” Watching her face as I turned and listened to her talking about work and personal life I saw the sun from the western horizon shine on her young, pretty face. It’s just a glimpse but it took a long time for me to be able to see this face at the parking lot walking under the stretching, immense sky. I have been calling Jennifer to join me from my heart voicing my invitation by nonstop walking at the parking lot, waiting, waiting patiently. Today, Jennifer answered my call! I thank you, Jennifer.
            At break, one is allowed to do whatever that would please the self. There is thirty minutes of free will, a gift given from the Creator. Of course, there were times and days kept me away from walking: deprivation of sleep from the night before, fatigue from constant walking and maneuvering of items coming to the library, or bad weather. Whenever it’s time to walk, I am feeling the heaven is calling. The heat from the hot sun in the Texas summer can’t take away my joy; comparing to the hot and humid climate of Taiwan Texas’s scorching summer feels like heaven with gentle yet flowing breeze touching my sweating face. Mind set is everything!
            Walking alone is a time for me to ponder, think, and reflect. Sometimes the walking serves as filtering process to get rid of cumulative toxin out of my body, my mind, and my spiritual world. Whenever there was sweat pushed out of my skin happiness came for each bead of sweat was toxic washed out of my body. The joy increased as the sweating became profusely. Walking with someone like Jennifer feels like constructing and strengthening a special relationship. 
            Reflection time by walking alone allows me not to feel lonely and building a relationship by walking with someone like Jennifer allows me not to feel alone and invites a healthy companionship. Both are enchanting and fruitful.
            Power walk? Unless you give it a try power walk won’t be a walking and working power.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment